Friday, January 19, 2007

Link Wars - Directories vs. Blogs.

Looks like there is a bit of war going on right now between directories and blogs. While alot of people still look towards directories for links, more and more each day people are starting to turn to blogs as a way of gaining good quality links to their website. I think this is a great move for link builders, with out question I think that blogs do provide a somewhat higher quality of links, at the same time I am still a firm beliver that directory links provide this as well.

I guess the big question is which is better to have, a link from a directory or a link from a blog? Since both do help your site I would get links from both, the more links you have the better. Blogs do have an advantage because they provide you a link wraped around content which I am sure most will agree are the best kind of links to have. The reason is because the links look more natural. Does this mean that links from directories are no good? I'm not saying that, directory links also have there advantages. One advantage is that in most directories you can chose your own anchor text and you are likely to get on a page with good rankings and pr.

I think that there will be a pretty big boom for blog links, however I also think that directories will continue to be a dominate force when it comes to gaining links for your website. Lets wait and see what happens between these two in 2007. I will keep you upated as I come across more information.

0 comments:

Post a Comment