Friday, August 10, 2007

Keyword-Pages.com - A New Free Web Directory

Keyword Directory

Back in June I launched a free web directory called http://www.keyword-pages.com/. The directory is free for submissions although it may take some time to get listed since the database is pretty full right now. The directory is cool in that it allows all of the sites listed equal opportunity to gain traffic to their site through the "random sites of the day". Each submission is also allowed to place 3 deep links to the inner pages of their website on the details page. Sites are sorted according to the day they were accepted.


The directory has over 3,400 categories and so far has a total of 1,234 sites listed. I had a featured listings option on it for a little while but then took it off as I am not sure exactly what I want to do in regards to the cost and whether or not if the links should be permanent or yearly. I know there has been alot of buz going on around about which way a directory should go, either "permanent" or "yearly" but I'll get into that later.


I do plan on keeping keyword pages free at all times for regular submissions. And although I am not pushing the promotion to hard with this one there is still a nice amount of money being invested into the directory. I will most likely start accepting some form of advertising just to keep the name out there and the traffic coming. That is what I always liked about free directories, they get tons of traffic.


I will try to all submissions caught up by the end of the month so that the directory can reopen for some fresh submissions. I will surely let you know when the directory is back open for business. In the meantime keep stopping by every now and then to see if I am really keeping this blog up to date.


Thanks for reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment