Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Someone Loves My Web Directory Alot.

It appears that someone loves index-it.net web directory so much that they chose to point 1,000's of links to the site from various domains and boosted my google backlinks from 2,260 to 5,150. Moreover, the person or persons who love the directory so much also thought it would be really cool if they ranked #1 for the domain name "index-it.net" (check google rankings). Now I may not keep up with traffic to much but one thing I do keep track of is where I got my links from, and I can tell you right now that I have no clue who the owner of this site is or how they even no of me.

Now this is either some form of attempt to try and get the directory banned from search engines, or is one big glitch in the google algo. Don't get me wrong I love free links and all, but if someone did this because they wanted to give out some link love then why were the links removed. From what i can tell this is clearly an attempt to try and ban the directory. Notice how both //liushen.org and index-it.net have the exact same amount of google backlinks, how is that possible unless I 301 index-it to the other domain. I have had this issue once before and brought it before matt cutts but still have not received a reply. Although that issue has now been fixed for that page.

I'm not sure how long this person tends to go along with this, but I'll keep my eye to see how long it last.

0 comments:

Post a Comment